Recreational Vehicle Insurance

Who Needs Motor Home Insurance Coverage?

Its travel time…start up the motor home and hit the open roads. It's great to have the ability to drive wherever you want to get to, bringing along the comforts of home. That's what having a motor home has done for millions of Americans.

But what about insurance for the things that you bring with you, have you made sure you have adequate motor home or trailer insurance? While camping having the comfortable luxuries of furniture, cookware, TV's, and even your computer right at your fingertips makes for a nice vacation. Unfortunately though, by not knowing what coverage's you have or need may leave you without adequate coverage for your belongings. Each year your insurance agent should review your policy with you to make sure that you are ready to hit the roads—fully covered!

You Do Need a Motor Home Insurance Policy

A general practice for RV owners is to insure their RV under their current auto policy instead of purchasing a separate motor home insurance policy. This works, in general, if you are towing your vehicle and if you currently have coverage on your your home, condo, apartment, whatever the case maybe.

But if you do not, your contents may not be covered under your policy. Generally, auto policies cover the RV for physical damage and liability only, leaving the very things that make R'ving the fun that it is uncovered, your comforts from home. In many instances, RV's covered under auto policies are not adequately covered. Check with us to be sure.

Feel free to contact us today if you have any questions about insuring your motor home. Or, if you're in the hudson valley stop by our Route 22 office, in Pawling.